On a budget, we always have to be prudent on how to spend our money (whether hard-earned or not). Here is a guide that may help you avoid gratuitous spending.
1) Lots of White Underwear - low cut briefs and v-neck and/or crew neck t-shirts.
2) Crisp White Shirt - With a stiff collar and inconspicuous front pocket.
3) Respectable Dark Jeans - Respectable = without holes.
4) The Best Khakis You Could Afford - Because you won’t regret it.
5) Cordovan Loafers - No one makes them better than Sebago.
6) Dark Navy Suit - Two-buttoned jacket with a single, middle vent and matching plain-hemmed trousers
7) Lots of Dark Socks - Because you can’t escape them.
8) Thick Wool Overcoat in Grey - Because grey is grey. It’s always acceptable whether it’s a navy blue or black season.
9) Sneakers - Be sure they’re presentable enough for the LES.
10) Matching Cordovan Belt - Because even if it’s already acceptable in more progressive circles to break the matching belt/shoes rule, you don’t want to piss off your supervisor, professor, potential employer or future in-laws.